Baked Brie with Pecans
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 5 to 6
- 1-8 oz round of brie with rind intact
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
- Granny Smith Apples, sliced
- butter crackers or light crackers (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper for baking.
- Spread out puffed pastry on a flat surface.
- In a separate bowl, mix pecans, sugar, cinnamon.
- Spread nut mixture onto the center of the pastry.
- Place brie atop the nut mixture.
- Fold pastry over the brie to enclose everything like a package and pinch the pastry closed so it is sealed.
- Flip pastry package over and place on baking tray with folds on the bottom.
- Bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is browned and golden.
- Serve with crackers and sliced apples.