Broccoli with Garlic Butter and Cashews
Recipe type: Side, Appetizer
- 1½ pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped salted cashews
- Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
- While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.