Recipe type: Side, Appetizer, Entree
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add the next nine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired.