Wicked Baked Bacon Mac and Cheese
Recipe type: Entree, Appetizer, Side
Serves: 4 to 6
- 6 Strips of bacon
- cup butter or margarine
- cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- tsp. pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. box of elbow macaroni or any pasta
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook 6 strips of bacon until crispy.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions (about 6 minutes). Do not over cook it. Drain.
- Break up bacon into small pieces and add to macaroni bowl.
- Melt butter in medium pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, salt, & pepper.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Return to heat and bring to boil stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 ½ cups of cheese.
- Pour cheese mixture over cooked macaroni and bacon in large bowl.
- Stir to coat macaroni well.
- Pour into a 9″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until bubbly on top.