Broccoli and Ham Egg Pie
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and patted dry
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Spritz one sheet of phyllo dough with butter-flavored spray. Place in a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray; allow one end of dough to overhang edge of plate by 3-4 in. (Until ready to use, keep phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Repeat with remaining phyllo, overlapping the sheets (staggering the points around the plate) and spritzing with butter-flavored spray between each layer.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, ham, cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; spoon into crust. Combine egg substitute and milk; pour over broccoli mixture. Fold edges of dough over filling toward center of pie plate. Spritz edges with butter-flavored spray.
- Cover edge of crust with foil. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.