Easy Green Bean, Ham, and Cheese Frittata
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pound thinly sliced deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 bunches (12 to 16) thin scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded (about 4 ounces) Fontina cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans, ham, and scallions. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until green beans are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; add to skillet, and tilt to distribute evenly. Gently press down on vegetables to cover them with egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, until edges are slightly set, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to oven; bake until center is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Slide the frittata onto a platter, and cut into wedges.