Honey mustard chicken pot with parsnips recipe
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs , skin removed
- 2 onions , finely chopped
- 350g parsnips , cut into sticks
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- few thyme sprigs
- flat-leaf parsley , to serve (optional)
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or shallow casserole with a lid. Brown the chicken until golden, then set aside. Heat the remaining oil, then cook the onions for 5 mins until softened.
- Nestle the thighs back amongst the onions and add the parnips. Mix the stock with the mustard and honey, then pour in. Scatter over the thyme, then bring to a simmer. Cover, then cook for 30 mins (or longer, see tip) until the chicken is tender, then season. Serve with steamed greens.