Toulouse sausage & butter bean casserole recipe
Recipe type: Casserole
- 1 glass of white wine
- 6 slices of streaky bacon , chopped
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 large leek , sliced
- chicken stock , fresh, cube or concentrate, made up to 200ml
- 1 garlic clove , sliced
- a small bunch of parsley , roughly chopped
- 6 sausages (spicy ones, Toulouse are good)
- 2 x 400g tins of butter beans , drained and rinsed
- Brown the sausages in a little oil. Slice into chunks. Brown the bacon in the same pan then add the leeks and garlic and cook till softened.
- Add back the sausages, the wine, stock and chilli flakes, ans the butter beans. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sausages are cooked through. Season and add the parsley.