Grilled Slow-Cooker Ribs Recipe
Recipe type: Grilling, Crock pot
- 3½ pounds pork loin back ribs
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup cola
- 1½ cups barbecue sauce
- Spray inside of 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs. Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, liquid smoke and garlic; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour cola over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Drain and discard liquid.
- Heat coals or gas grill. Place ribs on grill. Brush with barbecue sauce. Cover and grill 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 minutes.
Serve the ribs with coleslaw and crusty bread. Cola adds a wonderful sweetness to the ribs, but you can use water for the cola. Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray to make cleanup a snap.