Slow Cooker Cheesy Italian Tortellini Recipe
Recipe type: Crock pot
- ½ lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ½ lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 container (15 oz) refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese blend (4 oz)
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Spray inside of 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix beef mixture, marinara sauce, mushrooms and tomatoes in cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in tortellini; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 15 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
Italian sausage usually is available in both mild and spicy flavors. If your family likes a little heat with their food, use the spicy Italian sausage.