Slow Cooker Chive-and-Onion Creamed Corn Recipe
Recipe type: Crock pot
- 4 slices bacon
- 4½ cups Green Giant® Niblets® frozen whole kernel corn (from two 1-lb bags), thawed
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 container (8 oz) reduced-fat chive-and-onion cream cheese
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix corn, bell pepper, milk, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and half of the bacon. Refrigerate remaining bacon.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese. Cook on High heat setting 10 minutes longer. Stir well; sprinkle with remaining bacon. Corn can be kept warm on Low heat setting up to 1 hour.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives for an added burst of color.