Slow Cooker Hot Beef Sandwiches Au Jus Recipe
Recipe type: Crock pot
- 1 (4 to 5-lb.) beef rump roast
- 1 (1-oz.) pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 (10½-oz.) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 onion buns, split
- Place beef roast in 3½ to 4-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well. Pour over roast.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board or large plate. Slice beef with knife or shred with 2 forks; place in buns. If desired, skim fat from juices in slow cooker. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of juices for dipping.