Slow Cooker Pulled-Pork Fajitas Recipe
Recipe type: Crock pot
- 1 pork boneless loin roast (2½ lb), trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning (from 3-oz container)
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 bag (1 lb) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed
- 2 packages (11.5 oz each) Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (16 tortillas), warmed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style taco cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream, if desired
- Place pork in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Top with salsa. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork using 2 forks; return pork to cooker and mix well. Stir in stir-fry vegetables. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer or until mixture is hot and vegetables are tender.
- Using slotted spoon, place ½ cup meat mixture in each warm tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream.
Leftover shredded pork can be stored two days in the refrigerator or up to two months in the freezer. Look for fajita seasoning in the spice section of the grocery store.