Slow Cooker Three-Bean Chili Recipe
Recipe type: Crock pot
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dried lentils (8 ounces), sorted and rinsed
- 1 large vegetarian vegetable or chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- Mix all ingredients except tomatoes and tomato sauce in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Increase heat setting to high. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
Tomatoes and tomato products keep dry beans and other legumes from softening even after hours of cooking. That's why we wait until the beans and lentils are tender before adding the canned tomatoes and tomato sauce in this recipe. Add corn muffins from the bakery to round out this make-ahead meal.