Dark Chocolate Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1⅔ cups NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan. Set aside ⅓ cup morsels.
- Heat 1⅓ cups morsels, sugar, butter and water in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter are melted. Pour into medium bowl. Stir in eggs, one at a time, with wire whisk until blended. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour and salt; stir well. Stir in remaining ⅓ cup morsels and nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 38 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.