Easter Egg Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 30 eggs
- ⅔ cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced marshmallows (16 medium sized)
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips (about 9 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Coconut (if desired)
- Mix evaporated milk, sugar and salt in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until boiling, then cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add all other ingredients. Stir until marshmallows melt. Let stand until cold; then form into egg shapes about 2 inches long x 1 inch wide.
- If desired, roll in coconut tinted with food coloring or decorate with icing. Makes about 30 chocolate fudge Easter eggs. Wrap in colored cellophane for gift giving.