Easter Sunday Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 slices of pineapple (use canned pineapple)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 piece raw egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place butter in a cake pan and melt by placing in the oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and then sprinkle some brown sugar.
- Arrange the sliced pineapples over the sugar.This will look better if you place some maraschino cherries.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix using an electric mixer until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Pour the batter (mixed ingredients) in the cake pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven, and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve while warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!