Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 double crust pie dough
- 2 to 2-1/2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-1/2 Tbsp butter
- Whipping Cream, for top
- Granulated sugar, for top
- In a large bowl, combine the fresh peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Stir thoroughly. Set aside.
- Roll out the bottom crust for the pie and line the bottom of the pie pan with it, leaving a ½" overhang.
- Pour the peach mixture into the bottom crust, spreading evenly and making sure you get all the juice out of the bowl and into your pie.
- Dot the peaches evenly with butter.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush a little cream to the pie crust to overhang, so when it comes time to seal teh top and bottom crusts together, it will act like glue.
- Roll out the top crust and place over the peaces.
- Cut a ½" overhang so the top and bottom crusts match up and pinch together to seal. Use our fingers to create a wavy design around the entire pie.
- With a sharp knife, poke several holes in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Lightly brush cram over the entire top and wavy crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Once this has baked there will be a nice sugary crunch to the top pie crust. So yummy!
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes or until the top is a dark golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into the pie, in order for the filling to setup properly.
- Service with Vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.