Slow Cooker Maple-Sauced Pears Recipe
Recipe type: Crock pot
- 6 pears
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Peel pears. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems attached. Place pears upright in 3½- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients except cornstarch and orange juice; pour over pears.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 to 2½ hours or until tender.
- Remove pears from cooker; place upright in serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
- Mix cornstarch and orange juice; stir into sauce in cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Spoon sauce over pears.
This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.