Fruit with Piña Colada Dip Recipe
Recipe type: Dips
- 2 (6-oz.) containers Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free French Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon rum extract or dark rum
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pineapple
- 15 fresh strawberries, halved
- 30 (1-inch) chunks fresh pineapple
- 30 chunks kiwi fruit (about 5 medium)
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, rum extract and 2 tablespoons of the coconut; blend well. Stir in pineapple. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, arrange fruit on serving platter. Sprinkle dip with remaining tablespoon toasted coconut. If desired, garnish with pineapple leaves. Store dip in refrigerator.
Use a mini food processor or blender to finely chop the pineapple. For the best flavor, purchase flaked coconut and toast 3 tablespoons. Arrange a single layer of coconut on a small cookie sheet and bake at 350°F. for 2 to 5 minutes, or just until golden. Keep a close watch on the coconut; it scorches easily. Prepare the dip up to one day in advance; cover and refrigerate. Stir before serving.