Ginger Dip with Apples and Pears Recipe
Recipe type: Dips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 pears
- 2 red apples
- 2 golden apples
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, honey and gingerroot in medium bowl with spoon until creamy. Fold in pineapple. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Mix orange juice and water. Slice pears and apples. Dip pears and apples in orange juice mixture; drain.
- Sprinkle almonds over cream cheese mixture just before serving. Serve with pears and apples.
Boost the flavor of this easy fruit dip when you use lemon yogurt instead of plain. To toast almonds, heat oven to 350°F. Bake in an ungreased pan about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.