Holiday Shrimp Wreath with Cocktail Dip Recipe
Recipe type: Cocktails
- Green or clear plastic wrap
- 1 floral foam wreath form, 10 inches in diameter and about 2 inches thick
- 1 head curly endive, bibb or leaf lettuce
- 1½ lb extra-large cooked tail-on shrimp (about 40 shrimp), thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Cut four 18-inch-long sheets of plastic wrap; fold in half lengthwise. Cover wreath with plastic wrap by pulling wrap through center and around wreath, overlapping plastic to cover wreath completely. Place on serving plate. Cover wreath with lettuce leaves.
- In large bowl, toss shrimp, lemon juice and seafood seasoning. Arrange shrimp on wreath, using the natural curve of the shrimp to cover the outside edge of the wreath.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; spoon into serving bowl. Place bowl of sauce in middle of wreath for dipping. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Make the wreath and sauce up to 3 hours before serving to avoid the last-minute party-time crunch. To take to a party, tightly wrap plastic wrap around the finished wreath on the serving plate to keep everything in place. Add the bowl of dip when you arrive.