Mango & cardamom syllabub recipe
Recipe type: Drinks
- 4 large mangoes , peeled and stoned, 2 finely chopped
- 10 green cardamom pods , seeds removed
- finely grated zest and juice 2 limes
- 85g icing sugar
- 4 tbsp brandy
- 568ml pot double cream
- 4 meringues shells, lightly crushed
- mint sprigs, to serve
- Put the flesh of 2 mangoes in a food processor and blend to a purée. Stir in almost all the finely chopped flesh of the other 2 mangoes, then spoon into the base of 8 glasses.
- Grind the cardamom seeds to a powder, then put in a bowl with the lime zest and juice, icing sugar and brandy. Stir well, then tip in the cream and whip until it holds its shape. Fold in the crushed meringue.
- Spoon the cream mixture on top of the mango purée, then spoon the remaining chopped mango on top. This can be made 1 hr ahead. Serve decorated with mint sprigs.