American Chop Suey Casserole
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 8 oz. package egg noodles
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or chuck
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 1 green bell, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic and onion powder, to taste
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- dash teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup grated American cheese
- Cook pasta as directed and drain.
- Brown ground beef or chuck in olive oil with onions, garlic, celery and green pepper,
- Cook until meat has browned and vegetables are tender.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain off any excess oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a buttered casserole dish, alternate meat and vegetable mixture, noodles, and grated cheese. Combine soup with Worcestershire sauce and pour over layered casserole.
- Sprinkle with a layer of cheese.
- Bake in a 325°F degree oven for 45 minutes.