Recipe type: Entree, Barbeque
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup rum
- ½ cup chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut spareribs into serving size portions, wrap in double thickness of foil, and bake for 1½ hours. Unwrap, and drain drippings
- Place ribs in a large roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rum, chile sauce, garlic, mustard, and pepper.
- Coat ribs with sauce and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Position grate four inches above heat source.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Place ribs on grill, and cook for 30 minutes, basting with marinade.