Recipe type: Entree
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup slivered or coarsely chopped almonds
- 3 cups Mexican Enchilada Sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (7-inch)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Add chicken, olives, almonds, and ⅓ cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Dip the tortillas into medium-hot oil using tongs.
- Fry for just a few seconds.
- Dip fried tortilla into heated enchilada sauce as soon as it comes out of the oil.
- Lay sauce-dipped tortilla out on a board or pan.
- Add chicken mixture to the middle of the tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and line up in a large baking pan.
- Spoon additional enchilada sauce over enchiladas and top with cheddar cheese.
- Baking time 15-20 minutes