Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Recipe type: Entree
- 10½-inch-thick slices French bread (4 inches in diameter); 8 slices toasted, 2 slices (crust removed) diced
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided, plus 12 large basil leaves
- ¾ cup purchased refrigerated marinara sauce
- 12 ounces ground chicken (white meat)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 large radicchio leaves
- Blend diced bread and Parmesan in processor to fine crumbs. Transfer to pie dish; mix in 2 tablespoons minced basil.
- Mix marinara and 2 tablespoons basil in small saucepan. Transfer 1½ tablespoons sauce to large bowl. Add chicken, ½ tablespoon oil, onion, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with pepper; blend. Shape into four ½-inch-thick patties; coat with crumbs. Heat sauce over low heat.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until bottoms are crusty, 4 minutes. Turn patties over; top with cheese. Cook 3 minutes. Cover; cook until cooked through and cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Assemble burgers with bread, radicchio, basil leaves, and warm marinara.