Recipe type: Entree
- ¾ cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 3 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce (from 26-oz jar)
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- In shallow dish mix Bisquick mix, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- In another shallow dish beat egg.
- Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip into egg, and coat again with Bisquick mixture.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
- Remove from skillet to plate.
- Add pasta sauce to skillet. Add basil, oregano and garlic to sauce, stir well.
- Heat for 1 minute.
- Place chicken on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with Mozarella.
- Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.