Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 5 - 7 Happy People
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, 5 to 6 pounds (boneless and butterflied)
- 1 jar of mint jelly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup of of dijon mustard
- Bit of salt and pepper
- Mix the lamb marinade on both sides of the lamb well and pour the whole mess in a very sturdy zip lock bag. Refrigerator for a few hours or overnight for best results.
- Melt one jar of mint jelly with 2 tablespoons of water.
- In a bowl combine the melted mint jelly with: 2 tablespoons olive oil or salad dressing, 2 teaspoons of rosemary, 1 teaspoon dry ginger, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 garlic cloves, crushed, ½ cup of of dijon mustard, bit of salt and pepper.
- Turn the grill on high heat and sear each side of the lamb for 4 minutes (so 8 minutes total). Then lower the heat to low and cook for an additional 35-45 minutes (depending on how thick the lamb is). Flip the lamb every 7-10 minutes and baste with the marinade to enhance flavor. The thickest part of the lamb should read 130 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare results.
- Transfer the lamb to a cutting board with a well to catch juices. Cover or tent with aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve with additional marinade and mint jelly.