Crunchy beetroot slaw with grilled chicken recipe
Recipe type: Lunch
- 2 skinless chicken breasts , flattened slightly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red eating apple , peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 raw beetroot , peeled
- leaves from the beetroot (if you have them), washed
- handful rocket leaves
- 50g toasted hazelnuts , very roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Rub the chicken breast with a little of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. heat a griddle pan until hot, then griddle the chicken breasts for 6-8 mins on each side until cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the apple into fine matchsticks and toss in the lemon juice. Cut the beetroot into the same-sized matchsticks and set aside. When the chicken is cooked, toss the apple with the beetroot leaves, if using, rocket, hazelnuts, vinegar and the remaining olive oil. At the last minute, toss the beetroot through so it doesn't bleed colour over all the other ingredients. Serve the chicken with a large pile of the salad alongside.