Chicken, porcini & spelt stew recipe
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs , sliced into strips
- olive oil
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 15g porcini , soaked in a small bowl of boiling water
- 100g pearled spelt
- 350ml chicken stock
- a small bunch parsley , chopped
- Fry the chicken in 1 tbsp olive oil until browned, then add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the porcini, soaking water, spelt and stock. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the spelt is cooked but still nutty.
- Stir in the parsley, season and serve.