Chicken & vegetable stew with wholemeal couscous recipe
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 1 small onion , sliced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- pinch each paprika and saffron
- 50g baby sweetcorn , halved
- 50g asparagus tips
- 50g peas
- 50g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 150ml chicken stock
- 140g wholemeal couscous
- Heat the oil in a pan, cook the chicken for 5-6 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon. Add onion and cook for 2-3 mins before adding the garlic, paprika, saffron, sweetcorn, asparagus, peas and tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 mins more. Return the chicken to the pan, pour in the stock, then cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous following pack instructions. To serve, fluff the couscous with a fork and divide between 2 bowls before spooning over the stew.