Spring veg & spelt stew recipe
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- olive oil
- ½ bunch spring onions , cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 sticks celery , finely chopped
- 150g baby carrots , halved
- 100g spelt
- 700ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 200g broad beans , blanched and podded
- ½ small bunch tarragon , chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Gently cook the spring onions for a few minutes. Add the celery, carrots and spelt, then pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until the spelt is tender but still nutty, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the broad beans and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tarragon and cook for a minute before serving.