Angel hair pasta with saffron, prosciutto & peas recipe
Recipe type: Pasta
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 2 slices prosciutto , chopped
- 1 pinch saffron
- 250ml white wine
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 1 lemon , zested
- 150g frozen peas , defrosted
- 100g angel hair pasta or vermicelli pasta
- basil or parsley, chopped to serve
- In a deep, non-stick frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil and cook the garlic and prosciutto until golden. Crush the saffron in a small bowl and add 1 tbsp boiling water. Allow to sit for 1 minute and then add to the pan. Pour in the wine and season well.
- Reduce by half and then add the mascarpone, lemon and peas and heat through. Cook the pasta following the pack instructions. Drain well and add to the pan with the sauce. Serve with basil or parsley sprinkled over.