Quick springtime pasta recipe
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1.0 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 400.0g can tomatoes
- handful basil leaves , chopped
- 400.0g spaghetti
- 290.0g jar artichoke hearts , cut into bite size pieces
- handful freshly grated parmesan
- handful parsley , chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Tip in the garlic and cook for 1 min until lightly coloured. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, then stir in the basil. Bring up to the boil, then turn down the heat and leave to gently simmer for 10 mins. Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the cooking water separately, then return to the pan. Add the artichokes to the tomato sauce until heated through, then pour it over the spaghetti. Stir in a little parmesan, most of the chopped parsley and a splash of the cooking water if the sauce looks dry. Serve immediately with the remaining parmesan and parsley sprinkled over.