Sicilian-style pesto pasta recipe
Recipe type: Pasta
- 300g linguine pasta
- 85g blanched almonds , roughly chopped
- 25g caciocavallo or pecorino cheese, grated
- large handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small vine tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions. Blend together the almonds, cheese, most of the basil and all of the olive oil in a food processor until they form a chunky paste. Drain pasta, then stir through pesto and tomatoes.
- Spoon onto serving plates, then serve sprinkled with the remaining basil leaves.