Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Recipe type: Side
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and chives if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.