Caesar Salas Southwestern Style
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup garlic flavored croutons
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- Preheat grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with fajita seasoning, and grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Allow to cool, then slice into bite-size strips.
- In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, sour cream, anchovies, green onions, parsley, Dijon mustard, chipotle pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Place romaine lettuce in a large bowl, and top with croutons, shredded Parmesan, and red, yellow, and orange pepper rings. Ad black beans and corn if desired. Arrange chicken on top, then pour on the dressing.