French Onion Soup
Recipe type: Soups
- 3 14-ounce cans ready-to-eat beef broth
- ¾ cup canned French-fried onions
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 4 slices stale French bread
- 4 1-ounce slices Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 400º
- Arrange four 10-ounce oven-safe soup bowls on a baking sheet.
- Divide the broth and onions among them.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sherry to each.
- Float a slice of bread in each bowl and top with a slice of cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the soup is bubbling.