Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Recipe type: Soups & Salads
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (from one 3-pound purchased cooked chicken)
- ½ cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup dried currants
- 1½ tablespoons drained capers
- Combine oil, vinegar, tarragon, lemon juice, and mustard in small bowl; whisk to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Place chicken in medium bowl. Mix in ¼ cup dressing.
- Cook orzo in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Rinse under cold water to cool; drain well. Transfer orzo to large bowl. Stir in remaining dressing and toss to coat. Add chicken mixture, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, currants, and capers. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper and serve.